Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Madeline!

(This should have been posted last Saturday, November 10th, but I had no time. Maybe I get a by this year?)

Dear Madeline,

Today is your fourth birthday!! Your daddy and I were just talking last night about how we can't believe it has been four years since we became a family. I think you might have been the most anticipated little girl ever born at Durham Hospital - everyone was so anxious to hear about you and welcome you to this world. All of your grandparents, aunts and uncles couldn't wait to see pictures of your sweet little face.


Our first family picture. (10 November 2008)
Look how young Mommy and Daddy look!

I will never forget the first time I looked in your eyes. They were still blue then and from the moment you were born you loved to look around at everything going on. You have always been so inquisitive and interested in what is happening around you. I pray that you never lose your curiosity and your need to ask questions. I remember the first time I held you in my arms and how overwhelmed with love I felt in that moment. I remember watching your daddy rock you in his arms and how you captured his heart in a single breath. He loves you so much.

Your first birthday. You were so excited about your new doll!

Your second birthday portraits. I love the mischievous look on your face.  

Four years later and you are my greatest joy. I love to watch you explore and work through problems in your mind. You often see and think about things in a completely different way than I do and for that I am very grateful. You teach me things every day. Your unconditional love and quick ability to forgive remind me daily of what I can do better. Seeing you learn about God and His love for you with a childlike faith has shown me how quick I am to complicate His love and acceptance of me.

Christmas after your third birthday.
One of your favorite things to do...
you (sweetly!) demand that we swing you all the time!

The first picture of you and William together. You are already a wonderful big sister.
You are gently and kind and oh so patient. William is so blessed to have you to teach him so many things.

My dear Maddie, I am so proud of what a wonderful little girl you are. I pray that you grow to fully know the love of God and allow Him to lead you through life. I am so excited to see what your life will become as you grow.

You changed my life the day you were born and I am so grateful to be your mommy.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: