Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sick, sick, sick

Ugh, I have been sick since Wednesday of last week and am finally feeling like myself today. Mommies can't get sick - it just doesn't work! This is the first time that I have been out of commission with anything more than a headache since Madeline was born and it was hard. Although Chris does a great job taking care of Madeline and making sure we eat and the dishes are clean, it is hard to fight that Mommy instinct to get up and take care of things. I tried to on Friday and definitely paid for it by having to spend Saturday in bed.

I despise being sick! However, I am so grateful that I felt pretty good yesterday and really good today since Chris had to get back to school/work yesterday. He had stayed home Thursday and Friday and had rehearsals for an opera starting yesterday. Yes, an opera! One of his professors was commissioned to do an opera and asked Chris and a few other students to write some of the music. It has been a bit of a stretch for Chris but definitely a learning experience. I am also incredibly grateful that neither Chris nor Madeline appear to have caught the bug.

Oh, and before anyone asks (or even thinks it!), I was not pregnant sick! Just regular crummy winter sick. :)

Thinking of all of our family and friends in GA and SC who are covered in snow. Be safe!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am so sorry that you have been sick. I would have loved to take care of my little girl! love the blog page!

Deb said...

Last messege was from your MOM!