Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Rainy Foggy Day

We are trying to beat the winter doldrums around here by playing with all of Madeline's new Christmas toys. It has been so much fun! We have cooked on her new kitchen, watched a few new movies, played with Thomas the Train on the train track, read the new Olivia books about a million times, drawn Frosty on the magna-doodle and well, you get the picture! Madeline has recently taken a major interest in art which I am trying to encourage. She loves to color and cut out shapes and anything involving glue is a big hit. For Christmas my Hagan grandparents gave her a paint kit which she has been begging me to use since she opened it. Needless to say, when it looks like this outside...


the obvious thing to do is PAINT!

Ready to start - not happy since I made her wait  so I could get a picture.

So excited!!



Completed artwork that will go on her new art line in her room. Pictures to come soon.
After a shower (and a few accidents  - wait, I didn't mention that I chose today to start potty training?!) it was time for lunch.


It is 12:15pm and time for a nap! And yes, as I know you are wondering, that is homemade bread she is eating. I am still getting the hang of making whole sandwich loaves but this was the best one yet so there is hope. :)

4 comments:

Aunt Aa said...

She is just too cute! Did you change her hair or is it just growing? Looks cute!

Aunt Ans said...

For the above comment it was supposed to say Aunt Ans, haha, sorry still getting used to the new phone!

Unknown said...

I love these posts you put up. Maddie is getting to be such a big girl. Soooo grown up. Slow down Maddie...Love you

L said...

She is so big! Wow. You guys must be so proud!