Thursday, November 18, 2010

Madeline's 2nd Birthday!

I am finally getting around to posting a little bit about Madeline's second birthday which was November 10th! Hard to believe that she is 2 years old - it feels like she was just a newborn and now she is talking in sentences and most certainly has a mind of her own. She is kind and loving and fiery! I am amazed every day that God gave us such a special gift 2 years ago and I wouldn't change a single moment.

It is always challenging to celebrate special birthdays and holidays while being so far from family. I knew that Madeline's birthday would be the first celebration in Oxford and wanted to not only make it special for her but also try to include all of our wonderful family that obviously couldn't be here with us. They all went out of their way to send presents and cards and even get up at the crack of dawn to talk to her on Skype. Thank you to all of our family for everything - she loved every second!








We, of course, also had a birthday cake and she now thinks that if she goes around saying "happy cake" she gets to eat cake! yesterday, she gave Ellie (her favorite stuffed animal - a monkey) a plate from her tea set and said "happy cake Ellie" and pretended to blow out the candles. So sweet!!

I promised all of the grandparents that I would put up more birthday videos. If you are not a grandparent you will have to excuse the complete overload of cuteness!








1 comment:

Deb said...

I loved the videos! I do believe you have a frosting lover on your hands! Her laugh made my day! Love you all so much! By the way, I loved the title of your blog page!